The RNLI is funded entirely through donations, and relies on a wealth of volunteers. The Bridlington Lifeboat fundraising group undertakes a series of events and activities to support additional fundraising for the station and the RNLI.
The fundraising group has the following objectives:
- Raise funds for the RNLI and the Bridlington Lifeboats
- Put Bridlington station on the lifeboats fundraising map by setting a high standard of newsworthy fundraising events
- Engage, educate and entertain
- Promote RNLI key messages at all events
- Attend as many public sponsored events as possible to ensure a highly visible presence for Bridlington Lifeboats and the RNLI
- Create a highly visible profile of Bridlington Lifeboats in the fabric of the town by attending as many of the town’s events as possible.
- Build on existing relationships with local businesses whilst establishing new relationships with organisations in the town
- Continue growing and developing the fundraising team
Details of the Bridlington Lifeboat’s fundraising events can be found on the events page.
Donations are always gratefully received, and can be made in person by visiting the lifeboat station.